Growth Marketing Lead
Remote within the U.S.
About the role
School16 is reinventing the higher education model, and we’re looking for a growth marketing leader who is excited to help us build the best career focused online education program in the world. We’ve been generating revenue since day one, and have secured institutional investment to help us grow and scale our alternative education model.
Our programs have been developed and tested at top Universities as well as venture accelerators and funds, including NYU’s Entrepreneurial Institute, Venture for America, Starta Ventures, State University of New York, and more.
Our network of instructors and speakers include tech leaders at public and private companies like IBM, Google, Facebook, and Slack and all programs are designed and run by practitioners to help students achieve tangible career results.
This is an opportunity to get in at the ground level of a startup with a founding team that has experience across higher education, media, venture capital and technology. You will be a core member of the leadership team who will have a significant impact on the direction of the venture.
What you'll do
- Help plan and execute a multi-channel student acquisition strategy
- Generate awareness of School16 programs through partnerships with University career centers, technology media companies and press outlets, workforce development organizations, and targeted industry influencers (through LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
- Manage School16’s content strategy, including live/recorded events, company blog and podcast content, video content, social media content, etc.
- Create and iteratively test our paid subscriber acquisition strategy through various digital advertising channels, and plan and manage our quarterly marketing budget
- Grow the School16 subscriber base and optimize the customer journey to help drive potential students to appropriate programs and offerings
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the marketing team including interns, and contractors as needed
Who you are
- You’ve developed a marketing mindset and growth expertise in a previous role, and are looking to step into a function where you’ll lead all paid/unpaid marketing activities
- You are someone who gets excited at the opportunity to create systems and processes from scratch, and can set clear direction and tasks for others
- You are a creative marketing mind who is scrappy and unafraid to test new ideas
- You thrive in a small team with a lot of autonomy
- You either have experience in or have demonstrated interest in adult education, and believe it’s ripe for disruption
- You are a customer-centric and service oriented person. We strive to create an education environment that everyone wants to be a part of, and our student and instructor experience is paramount to everything we do. Anyone who joins our team should be excited to serve them every day
School16 is an education company that helps students and professionals break into competitive roles in tech by helping them understand the types of jobs that are the best fit for them, what's currently in high demand, how each role functions, and what skills should be developed to land a fulfilling job in this sector. Our expert led programs are designed to create the best online education experience available, at a fraction of the cost, and drive learning and career outcomes for every student.